Tuesday 24 September 2013

It Has Been A LOOOOONG Time Coming


It Has Been A LOOOOONG Time Coming

Holy Molly what a week! So much to tell!

Shout outtttssss
Thank you to Marisa for the letter! It was wonderful hearing from you and I'm glad the family is doing well! 
And mom I have not yet received the  package of letters from the family

Ok as for this weekkkkkk TONS of stuff happened! 
I guess I will start with Fiona :)

So this week we got to see Fiona a couple times. The first time we stopped by we got in to see her but only had enough time to chat with her/establish our role as missionaries. She shared with us some cool experiences in her life and informed us that the day we knocked on her door she decided to quite drinking... Wait WHAT?!?! Sister Rogers and I chuckle and explain to Fiona that we dont drink either. Fiona is super curious about our religion so she was asking us why so we explained the word of wisdom briefly. She told us that the only thing she would struggle with is coffee, but that she was willing to give it up.... that's right people. Fiona has committed to live the word of wisdom without actually being taught anything. She is SO cool! The next time we saw Fiona she was frantically running around to go pick her son up from school. She quickly told us to get in the car with her soooo we did. HAHAHA! Next thing we know we are teaching her the restoration in the car on the way to pick up one of her kids. The experience was SO bizarre that we had to take a picture.



Fiona and her two boys came with us to church this week as well :D Fiona really enjoyed it! 



Now for a Jordan update. So we get a call from Jordan Wednesday night- he wanted to let us know that he had been praying and reading the Book of Mormon and that he felt that he should get baptized on the 13th!!! He said that he really wanted both Sister Rogers and I to be there for his baptism so he didnt want to postpone it. We explained to him that we were getting transfer calls this week and that one of us might be leaving....  He decided that he would fast the next day so that we might stay. WOW. Jordan is way cool! So this week when we went to go teach Jordan we talked a little more about his baptism and addressed some of his concerns. He even told us that he was thinking about serving a mission in a few years.... BAH! If Jordan serves a mission I will literally die of happiness! When he told us Sister Rogers and I nearly feel off our chairs and then squealed with excitement like little girls. Ah I am just so excited to see what happens to Jorden in these next few years :D



Sam, Sis. Rogers, Jorden, and sis. HAll

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............. we got transfer calls last night....... Looks like Sister Rogers is staying in Oakville with Sister Ormond as her new companion. Sister Ormond also happened to be my MTC companion and someone who I adore very much! I am glad she is coming to Oakville; I trust her with our investigators :) 
As for little old me I am heading to the other end of the mission to.............. KINGSTON! Cool eh!? I will be companions with Sister Lang (from CARDSTON! Who also came out with me!) We are opening a new area over there for YSA...... That's right. I will be serving in YSA. SOOOOOO WEIRD! It will be a completely different experience and will be a great learning opportunity for sure!  I will miss Oakville for sure and I'm sad I wont get to see Jordan baptized, but really the most important thing is that he is going to enter into that promise with God :) 
Now Kingston is a very special place in the mission. Back in the day, Brigham Young baptized like 50 people there in 1 WEEK! When president Monson was mission president in Toronto the Kingston area was doing TERRIBLE! So bad in fact that the missionaries called that area Stoney Kingston because the peoples hearts were made of stone. He decided to try an experiment so he closed down the area for a while until everyone forgot about Kingston. Then he started spreading rumors about how he was going to re-open an area in the mission where Brigham Young baptized 50 people. All the missionaries got super excited. Parents started writing letters to Pres. Monson asking if their boys could serve there etc... Anyways the area began to flourish with many many baptisms :) 

The life of a missionary: Get up, exercise, prepare for the day, study, find, teach, baptize. Each day you wonder:  What does the lord have prepared for us this day? Whoever shall we run into or teach on the street? Who does he want us to find? Where does he want us to go? Following the spirit, teaching by the spirit. Teaching with members. Learning. Growing. Progressing. Becoming Like Jesus Christ. This is missionary work. Adventure. Life. This is awesome.
I feel an overall peace for the good things taking place here in Oakville. We see miracles each and every day and because so, I am humbled by the power of God and his magnificent influence in my life. I have the desire to do better. I have the desire to become something better. I pray the Lord will take me places never thought possible. All things are possible through Christ. What we need is a vision, set the goal, back it up with spiritual confirmation and the diligent hard work to get there. 


I'm excited for what the future holds! It looks like is going to be a pretty neat adventure over in Kingston YSA! They had best look out! 

Line of the week: So we get a call saturday night from our district leader asking us to come out to Burlington to help a family move. We show up there to find that our whole district has been recruited!
Elder Wunhanie: "Who would have thought that by the end of the night we would all be in the back of a U-Hall...."

Scripture of the Week: D&C 58: 27 (thats what it was supposed to be last week haha)
"Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness."

A Haiku for you
YSA
Young Single adults
What The What!?


Sister Hall



This is me fasting durring weekly planning.... it got pretty rough

No comments:

Post a Comment