Wednesday 16 October 2013

I am Thankful for my Testimony

I am Thankful for my Testimony


An update from the good old Oakville............ JORDEN GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!
Shout Outssssss
Mom I got the awesome package -> hence the awesome picture (which did not load...) :) Thank you so much for all my winter clothes! I will be needing them soon AND don't feel bad that there weren't any treats, trust me when I say I do not need them hahahaha!
Something that I have failed to mention for the last few weeks is that I am currently in the BEST housing situation in the whole mission! Why you might ask? Well let me enlighten you. First off, I am in the Queens ghetto aka lots of interesting people to talk to (so many theories of alien invasions haha I love it!) and second I am in...wait for it....... an APARTMENTSHIP!
A.part.ment.ship: when 4 awesome missionaries get to share an apartment with one bathroom
And I absolutely LOVE it!  We have WAY too much fun... no wonder they try and avoid these types of situations haha


Sister Laing, Me, Sister Waal (from Norway) and Sister Lamb (from wait for it..... UTAH! Surprise!)

Our companionships are creepily identical.... Sister Waal and I are slightly crazy and loud and Sister Laing and Lamb are quite and powerful. We joke around a lot about how if Sister Waal and I got put together nothing would get done cause we would laugh way too much and get side tracked every few minutes. Thank goodness for inspired companionships! Sister Laing keeps me on the straight and narrow AND laughs at my jokes :) She is amazing!
As for this week I got to see a different side of missionary work. Its called staying inside all day cause your companion is sick hahaha...... poor Sister Laing got a bad cold so we had to stay inside for a few days. We would go out sometimes if we had appointments but otherwise she would sleep and I would try and entertain myself.....
I watched over 80 Mormon messages, read my scriptures, phoned former investigators, watched the restoration, legacy, and finding faith in Christ a bazillion times, worked on my hand stand, aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddd built a blanket fort!


Me inside the blanket fort reading my scriptures, watching Mormon messages, preparing for a sunday school lesson AND not posing for the camera

This week we have been seeing the fruits of General Conference :)
Jessica was having second thoughts about getting baptized, but after listening to the conference and praying, she has had a change of heart and wants to continue to work towards baptism :D
Winnie went home this weekend to tell her parents that she is wants to get baptized.... it didn't go very well. She is unsure of what to do at this point and is wanting to push her baptism back. We saw her Monday night when she had gotten back from the weekend and talked with her about how she was feeling. I know that I should probably be really worried, but I just have this feeling like everything is going to be alright. Winnie has felt the spirit and I can see the physical change that is taking place in her as she hears these spiritual truths. The Lord has prepared her for this and is watching over her. Perhaps it might take longer than what we had anticipated but like the scriptures say, "Trust in the Lord".
As for Thanksgiving, I got myself covered :) A bunch of us all went down to this place called Smokes Poutinery (its awesome! I've even seen it on the food network!) And guess what..... they had a Thanksgiving Poutine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right mom, I had thanksgiving dinner poutine style :) It had fries, gravy, cheese, turkey, stuffing, AND green peas and it was SOOOOO good!




To end off this letter, I guess I'll let you know that our apartmentship is down a car due to the other sisters getting their car annihilated by a driver. The sisters are ok (Sister Waal's neck is sore) but the car is totally done for. We found out today that they also wont be getting a replacement car anytime soon..... which means BIKES AND BUSES! Sister Laing and I are thinking of giving them our car because they cover a larger area so we will get to use bikes and buses. I am pretty stoked to uses bikes... not so much buses. It will make things a little harder, like getting our members who don't own cars to lessons..... but the Lord will provide!
Scripture of the WeekD&C 98: 12-14
"For He will give unto the faithful line upon line, precept upon precept; and I will try you and prove you herewith. 
And whoso layeth down his life in my cause, for my name's sake, shall find it again, even life eternal.
Therefore, be not afraid of your enemies, for I have decreed in my heart, saith the Lord, that I will prove you in all things, whether you will abide in my covenant, even unto death, that you may be found worthy."
A Haiku For You:
Oh Happy Day
On the path back home
a mission?  

Sister Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment