Monday 12 August 2013

Nearer My God To Thee


Nearer My God To Thee

Transfer calls came last night and guess what............ I'M STAYING! And my baby is staying with me :) Sister Rogers and I are not done here in Oakville and boy am I ever glad because the work is just starting to get going over here.
Ok so while you read this letter you need to listen to this song... http://youtu.be/i7Cdmm3g7_k Nearer My God To Thee by Kyle Henderson. It is from the album Nearer: A New Collection Of Favorite Hymns. You will all love it, listen to it!

I want to apologize real quick for how short this letter will be. We are going to go explore some caves as a district so I've got to keep things a little shorter :)


Best district ever:)

First off I'd like to reflect with you guys and share some of the things I have learned this past transfer

-The Lord really does qualify those He calls
-They shouldn't call us trainers but more of guides
-You've got to do something on p-day or else you're going to go crazy
-When you give everything over to the Lord and totally surrender yourself He blesses you 10 fold
-Sometimes you've got to let people fail for them to learn 
-When your companion wakes you up at 3:30 telling you we have to check the apartment for an intruder.. just go along with it 
-My dad wasn't joking when he said you cannot change a man 
-God is always listening and watching but He will answer prayers in His own way in His own time. It may not make sense at the time but rest assured He knows best and in due time it will all make sense 
-Go to the washroom before you leave the apartment, like ALWAYS! Even if you don't think you have to go. (same goes for road trips, right Dad?!)
-Discouragement leads to a weakening of faith. If you let yourself get discouraged, you are letting Satan win. Trust in God, trust that everything will work out because it will
-Sound effects make missionary work That much better
-my job is to preach the gospel NOT to convert people 
-The Lord will never forsake or abandon anyone. You may abandon Him, but He will never abandon you. You never need to feel that you are alone.

I have been very blessed these past 4 weeks. As Sister Rogers and I have consecrated ourselves to this work we have seen the work explode over here in Oakville. So I didnt know this before, but Oakville has been struggling missionary work wise for a few years now. As a ward they havent had a lot of baptisms and the missionaries havent been able to see much success, however things are starting to turn around. We are currently teaching 5ish families and 6 other individuals and we have 7 investigators with baptismal dates. For the past 4 weeks we have also hit standards which is something this area hasnt been able to do in at least 6 months. Now I am not telling you this to boast because all these little miracles we have witnessed are all tender mercies from our Heavenly Father. This is just a testimony to me that He is watching and that when we give to Him all we have, our minds our hearts our will, He truly does bless us.

Scripture of the week: Mormon 8: 38 
"...Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that over misery which never dies- because of the praise of the world?"

A Haiku for You: 
discourage
enemy to Faith 
Trust In God 

Anyways as my beloved Sammy would say "I loved you too too much! You are my children!" 

Sister Hall



No comments:

Post a Comment