Tuesday 11 February 2014

Revelation From Above


Revelation From Above


First off sorry for no pictures! I have a ton I want to put up but Sister Waal left with the magic device that got them onto the computer.... I'll have to go and look for one of my own. Dad do you know what I need?

So we finally got a car this week! Actually scratch that we got an SUV WHAT WHAT! Yup a brand new 2014 Chevy trax or something like that. It is beautiful and we feel like soccer moms and it's awesome!

On an even better note...... Winnie went down to Palmyra this weekend and got to go do baptisms for the first time AND went to the sacred grove! Ah! It was so exciting! I wish with all my heart that I could have been there with her, but I think there is something in the white handbook about not being aloud to leave your mission boundaries.... She had a wonderful time and felt the spirit strong in the temple :)

Now on to Ian. So we had the privilege have having a truly wonderful experience with Ian this week. Ian has been investigating the church for sometime and over those months has made great progress. There was however a good chunk of time when his progression stopped and he felt like he was in a limbo of sorts, that is until he started reading and praying everyday about 2 weeks ago which started him on an upward progression. Missionaries have been having a hard time helping Ian to overcome his skepticism and last time we meet with Ian we talked to him about asking for specific answers to his prayers to find his answers. I left that lesson feeling uneasy.... I pondered on the commitment we left with him and tried to figure out what we did wrong. That was when the thought occurred to me that Ian has time and time again received his answer from Heavenly Father and that He wasn't going to be giving Ian any out of the ordinary signs. Heavenly Father wants Ian to walk by faith, He wants him to get baptized on the little amount of faith that he does have, 30%, and as a consequence of exercising that faith, he will be boosted up to 50%.
Ether 12:6 "...For you receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."
I was excited and nervous to meet with Ian again but I knew that we really needed the spirit in order for this lesson to go well so before the lesson I prayed that Heavenly Father would put into my mouth the words he would have me speak. The lesson was going very good. Ian understood what we were telling him about how he has received his answer and even asked our opinion if being baptized on a 30% belief that there is a God would be ok, but I still felt like there was more Heavenly Father needed us to say. That's when, by the grace of God I received some revelation. I realized that Heavenly Father wasn't going to answer Ian's prayers until he made a choice so I told Ian that he had to commit to Heavenly Father right here in prayer that he will be baptized on March 1st. I then explained that Heavenly Father will confirm to him in these next few weeks if this is the right choice to make because He will never lead us astray. A light bulb turned on in his head and it made complete sense to him so we got down on our knees and listened as Ian offered a sincere heartfelt prayer, committing to our Father that he would be baptized on March 1st. The spirit was incredibly strong and after the prayer Ian said he finally felt he was on a path and had the biggest smile on his face :D
Next thing we are going to talk with Ian about is how there is opposition in all things and how to be able to discern between Heavenly Father and Satan and while at church. I felt prompted that I should share this with Ian. Soooooo I walked up to Ian after church to let him know and as I told him his face light up yet again. He looked at me and said, "You will never believe this! I was thinking about that just last night while I was reading the BoM and now YOU are bringing it up! I am beginning to see how things are starting to connect." :D
BAH! SO cool! Ian is associating positive things with Heavenly Father confirming his choice to get baptized :) 


Please keep Ian in your prayers for these next few weeks! We know that these weeks may very well be the hardest and most confusing of his journey!

 
Line of the Week: In the middle of Ian's lesson I throw my hands in the air and proclaim to everyone this statement..
Me: "Ian! I've just received revelation for you!"
It was so cute too cause in his prayer Ian thanked Heavenly Father that I was able to receive revelation for him to help him out!

Scripture of the WeekD&C 63: 9-10
"But, behold, faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe.
Yea, signs come by faith, not by the will of men, nor as they please, but by the will of God."

A haiku for you
light of Christ
humble prayer answered
on a path


Sister Hall


Y.O.S.O

No comments:

Post a Comment