Tuesday 11 March 2014

I'm Going To London!

I'm Going To London!


WOW that's right everyone, the mission has been expanded and Im heading over to London! Haha... psych! They are shipping me back across the mission to London. When I got the call I was super shocked and kinda felt like crying. Kingston is my home and I love the people here SO much! I get so sad when I think of leaving them :( I wasn't expecting the move because the YSA area in Kingston will be closing after this transfer due to all the students leaving so I figured God would have me stick it out for one more go, but nope. I really really don't want to leave YSA work either! Man have ever been spoiled... Ok, Im over it. London will be a fun adventure. Family work will be interesting and will take a while to get used to. My new companion is Sister Tebbs AND she is actually my literal sister :) (Sister Williams trained her right before me) But the best news of all........ IM IN A BUSSING AREA!! I have been needing a new challenge so this will be really exciting!

Anyways, my letter today will be quite short due to the fact that I have a long list of people I need to say goodbye to so I will just give you some of the highlights.

  • Sister Taylor and I made a black man breakfast. HAHAHA! So Will was going to skip out on church to "study" haha but we weren't going to have any of that so we went over to his house sunday morning and quite literally kicked him out of bed and made him some eggs :)
  • We helped a bunch of guys clean up from their rager of a party Saturday afternoon. So we were tracting around and we knocked on this one door and ended up talking to these guys for like 10 min. We asked them what they were up to and they told us they were just cleaning up their place from a party they had the night before. We asked them if they had any girls in the house and they said there were so we asked if we could come in and help. We spent a good 40 min cleaning up stale beer and wiping down walls while we got to know them more. They were super funny and at the end of helping them clean one of them got out his guitar and played us a song (they were all musicians who went to the college for music). It was an experience I will never forget and very unique to YSA work :)
  • Jaime is one of our new investigators that we found through Will and Shelby. She has such a special place in my heart! After meeting us for the first time (we didn't even teach her anything) she told us how she felt so much better about things. She was really depressed up to that day over a break up but since meeting us she just felt so good! Since then we have taught her twice and she has opened up to us about her past. She has had a really, really hard life and doesn't have the best situation. I just want to ship her home to Calgary and have her live in my room! Anyways everything we teach her she just eats up. When we told her that God wants to forgive her for all the mistakes that she has made and that she can be forgiven she got the biggest smile on her face! She can't wait to be baptized :) She also asked us if it was alright if she could start telling people she is Mormon haha! Apparently at school she was reading her Book of Mormon and people were asking her is she was Mormon so she just started saying yes. AH! I love her SO much and I am so sad to be leaving her :( She is scheduled to get baptized on the 30th though so that makes me very happy.

Sorry for the short letter this week! I love you all very much though and I am grateful for all the prayers :)

Line of the week: While teaching Ryan, one of Will's friends with Will
Me: "So Will, what is the Word of Wisdom?"
Will: "Well you know it's keeping your body clean and all that, but there is also the law of chastity! Sex is sacred and only for marriage and you know, you get to take your girl to the temple and be sealed for eternity. Its real important."
Ryan: "Oh man, Will are you a virgin?!"
Will: "Oh ya man...... born again virgin all the way man!"
..... Me: "So about the word of wisdom..."

Scripture of the Week: D&C 1:32
"Nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven."

A Hiku for You
leaving home
it's never easy
bye for now

Sister Hall

Y.O.S.O





No comments:

Post a Comment