Tuesday 18 March 2014

London Calling


London Calling

Shout Outs!!!
So I got an email telling me that Jake, Winnie, and Maverick went out and handed out passalong cards to drunk people at the clubs at 1 in the morning. I stinking LOVE them!
And on that note, congrats to Jake for his first street contact!!!!
Also Go Western!!! (hahahahahah!! Jokes ;)
->for those who dont know Western is Queens rival university and Western happens to be right here in London haha
Also Congrats to Jill for blowing up the BBQ! I just about died laughing! (J- the BBQ is fine!! It's my face that suffered....haha)

This was my first week away from the YSA and it sucked BUT London is actually pretty sweet and I stinking love all our investigators and Sister Tebbs so it's not too bad.... but Kingston YSA will always have a piece of my heart.

Notes from the Kingston YSA about Sister Hall!


Kingston YSA group shot!

So first off, Sister Tebbs makes my heart happy :) she is out going and really positive and loves to work hard. We will do great things :) This area is doing really well and we have a lot of investigators.. too many to talk about so I will just tell you about a few.

We are teaching a 10 year old Jamaican boy named Kyri and he is stinking smart!!! He is a 30 year old in a 10 year olds body! He probably understands the scriptures better than me and LOVES Nephi :) Since he is so smart we have been having him teach us the discussions. We call him Elder Williams and everything! His mom got baptized back in december and his date is for the end of March.

Next on my list is Maria. She is this an a.ma.zing woman from Africa. She used to be Muslim, but had a dream that she needed to be Christian so she started to secretly read the Bible. In order to become Christian however she had to leave her country so she moved to Western Canada with her kids (her son Daniel is over 8yrs old so we teach him too!). Ever since she has been learning as much as she can about Jesus Christ.  She has had a really hard life but has the strongest belief in Christ. Back in Africa she would drive for miles to go to church (80 dollars in gas money every Sunday) but she said that it was worth it :) This week her and her little family came out to church. They all loved it! Maria and Daniel are working towards getting baptized on April 13th :)

Sister Tebbs and I are working on the east side of London which means we get the ghetto!!! SWEEET! Usually they give the sketchy areas to the elders but somehow we lucked out ;) Really it isn't that bad, but we sure have met some interesting people! London is different then Kingston in that there aren't a lot of people walking on the streets where we are and like no one takes the bus cause they all have cars so the people we do talk to on the bus have met missionaries a hundred times. I'm already starting to feel at home though :) Our apartment is nice AND there is a gym! What What!! Finally some weights and a treadmill! Oh how I have missed them :) 

Line of the week: This one comes from Winnie

Mave: Hi
Winnie: Do you have a second
Dude: Not really, what is it?
Mave: Do you have a belief in God?
Dude: No
Mave: Ok

Dude walks away. Winnie quickly walks with him. 

Winnie: Would you mind if i gave you a card? It just talks more about our belief, you should check it out!
Dude: yeah ok.

Jake + Gang walk out.

Jake: DID YOU DO IT?!?

Winnie starts motioning for him to shut up, the guy passes Jake, walks into smoke's. 

Winnie: Dang. I just gave him a card, I'm not going in there, it looks like i'm stalking him
Mave: Oh... haha

Everyone walks into Smoke's -- forced to go in ;P

Scripture of the week: Alma 33: 11
"And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and my sincerity; and it is because of thy son that thou hast been thus merciful unto me, therefore I will cry unto the in all mine afflictions, for in the is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgements away from me, because of they Son."

Sorry I have run out of time! You all are pretty alright :) Have a wonderful week, be happy and live the word of wisdom for there is wisdom in that commandment.

Sister Hall


All the sisters serving in our ward :) We were filling up the font and this is the thing they use to scoop out hair and bugs... its a strainer attached to a hockey stick with duck tap... So Canadian! I love it!!  SIster Tebbs is the tall blond in the green shirt:)


Chile flag for Dad!!





1 comment:

  1. Luaren.... I love your blog..... I LOVE London! I was a convert in the 3rd ward and my favorite missionary is Sister Tebbs! I hope you are both still there when we come home in May to Ontario..... we will make it a point to come up there from Niagara and visit with you.....uh.....take you for lunch!
    Sheila Morrison

    ReplyDelete