Tuesday 19 August 2014

Decisions Determine Destiny

Decisions Determine Destiny

First off, WHAT THE HECK, MAVERICK WAS IN MY HOUSE!? Holy moly I did not see that one coming! I'm sad I wasnt there to see him but that's sooo stinking cool that you all got to meet him! 
->for those of you who may not remember Maverick was a member from Kingston who we were working with :) He is Awesome! 
Second off, WHAT THE HECK, CARTCH WAS IN MY ROOM? I can't believe I missed seeing him, the dirty dog! 

Shout Outs: I got a post card from the James Hall family and it made my week! It sounds like they are having a crazy awesome adventure :) 

Alright now that I've been able to get that off my chest, on to the week! 

First off....... Jen and David got married! YEEEESSSSS! Aaaaannnnnnd I still had to be a bridesmaid which means that I had to walk down the isle. IT WAS SO AWKWARD!!! I was the last one who walked down before the bride and I was wearing heals for the first time in over a year and I just knew that I was going to trip or something (I didn't thank goodness)! AND there wasn't any music so we just had to walk down one at a time and I'm pretty sure I walked too fast but really it wasn't that bad and I'm just over reacting haha. 
The wedding was nice and David and Jen seemed very happy :) The coolest moment though was when David mentioned to us about him and his family getting sealed together in the temple! AH! My heart just about melted and I got so excited! Teaching this family has been a roller coaster but hopefully with the wedding done and David home we can help them to gain a testimony of the restoration :) We have already seen a big difference in the family with David being home and going to church with them. The few times that we have taught them we have had the parents share their hopes and desires for the family and where they see the family in a few years and both of them recognize that since they have been going to church there have been a lot of positive changes :) 
The boys are doing good. Christian hasnt been showing a lot of interest in learning, he hasn't been reading or coming to church with the family so we are struggling on that point. Other than that the younger ones are thriving! They love primary but arent too fond of reading so we have to figure out a way to make lessons and reading interesting for them. Any suggestions? I was thinking about doing "missionary dates" just like how Dad would bribe us with dady daughter dates when we would read, but then I thought that probably wasn't appropriate hahah.


The Missionary bridesmaids! 


David, Jen and I after the wedding 


Jeremy (12), me and Brian (9). I love these boys!  


Greg also came to church this week :) He got there a little late so we waited outside for him and then after the sacrament we all walked in with his Tim's coffee in hand hahah I couldn't help but chuckle :) He seemed to enjoy church. It was very different than what he was used to but he participated in some of the discussion in sunday school so he seemed comfortable. 

I also took Sister Maeta Bus Contacting! YUUUUUSSSSS! For a week all the buses were free and I missed bus contacting so much that I was just itching to get on one! This was Sister Maeta's first time bus contacting and she was super nervous, so in our companionship study her and I role played different ways to contact people on the bus. I just about died laughing at how uncomfortable she was while we role played, but I assured her that she would be fine as long as she followed the 4 rules of bus contacting  
1. Before getting on a bus pray to know who you should talk to
2. Once you get on the bus survey everyone and go where the spirit directs you
3. Start talking with someone immediately! The longer you wait the more awkward it is
4. Try not to sit down and if you do sit down be prepared to get up and move if they aren't interested. 
Unfortunately we were pretty busy all week so we were only able to get on a bus and contact for like 20 min but it was still really good! She did an awesome job and almost got someones number :) 

Lastly I got fed some weird spanish/european food by Sol this week. It was a melon wrapped in raw bacon..... oh my gosh it tasted sooooo weird! BUT I ate it all and Im still alive! 

Transfers are coming up this Sunday blahhhhh. I am determined to end my mission on the highest of all high notes and I realize that it is going to take a lot of diligence, hard work and exact obedience which normally is easy once I put my mind to it but Satan has been working over time on us to keep us from progressing which is really annoying. However, light will always conquer darkness so I know that it is within my power to make things happen :) 

Well here are some pics! Have a successful week and dont forget your covenants! 

Sister Hall


Out on a hike with Steve! 

Some random building in the middle of Rockwood park




No comments:

Post a Comment