Tuesday 17 December 2013

Ice Fishers Of Men

Ice Fishers Of Men


Big News Everyone, Transfer calls were last night and............. NOTHING HAS CHANGED! Haha that's right, all the missionaries serving in Kingston are staying the same :)

A few Shout Outs before we begin!
Thank you to..... The Aurinis, Sandra, Hannah, Lochlan, Chris, Darwin, Sue, and the Browns for the kind notes! I love reading them every morning :) It's a great way to start off the day!
Thank you to Aunty Sue! I got your Christmas package and the appartmentship is VERY excited about also getting a gift :) that was too kind of you!
Kerry, I am LOVING the 12 days of Christmas! We just about died at the reindeer nose!
Jill I got your package and I really want to open it!

I really do appreciate all the support my friends, family, and my ward family back home! It means a lot and really helps to keep a sister upbeat :D

Alright so first off, we have the best elders in the mission. Saturday night we had a decent snow fall and it got pretty cold so on Sunday we made sure we gave ourselves enough time to brush the car off and everything. So we get outside to find that not only is our car brushed off, but someone also shovelled a path to our doors.... later at church Elder Snelson kindly informed us that he stank and was supper sweaty from shovelling walkways this morning. It wasn't till a few hours later that Sister Waal clued in and confronted them. Elder Snelson has a really great poker face and denied everything but Elder Dewey cracked a smile within seconds.

Man I am happy to be staying with Sister Laing in Kingston YSA :) I am getting pretty attached to this area. We have the best YSA in all of Ontario, but seriously we totally do. I have gotten to know the best out of all the YSA, Steph and Rachel. I love them both to bits! They are spiritual giants and help our investigators leaps and bounds because our investigators are able to see that normal people are apart of the church and that it is a life style they too can have. Seriously some amazing testimonies come out of these two!

As for the work over, things are starting to slow down. All our YSA are leaving for home and wont be back till the 6th of January. Most of our investigators have been baptized as well.... looks like we will be pounding the pavement pretty soon here. I know Heavenly Father has kept us here for a reason, and I am excited to find that reason!
Right now we are working with Francis, Jacob and Chase.
Francis is from Gahanna and we have been teaching him for a while now. He was slow to progress at first but in recent visits things has started to change! He is pretty quiet so it's hard to gage where he is at but he told us that he is seriously considering joining the church. BONUS! Glad we got that cleared up, and it only took us 3 months ;) He also informed us that he has started to feel guilty for drinking coffee! He also has a date for January 11th!
Jacob is a new investigator who we have only taught twice. He comes from a rougher background and I am so excited for this gospel to change his life. It will be hard for him to open up and let the gospel heal him cause religion was pretty forced on him as a youth, but we talked about the atonement with him and we mentioned how all the guilt we have felt can be taken from us through Christ and I swear his eyes got a little shinny. I just hope that he opens his heart up! 
Chase we havent seen in like a month cause he is so crazy busy but we still keep in contact with him.

So that is your little sneak peak into Kingston YSA missionary work. We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this coming transfer!

Line of the Week:
Francis: "So would I need to be baptized again?"
Jake after looking at the both of us: "Ladies is it ok if I take this one? See Francis, when Joseph Smith found the plates....."
Jake proceeds to explain the whole apostasy and authority to Francis. I almost died of happiness.

Scripture of the WeekD&C 121: 40
"Hence many are called, but few are chosen."

A haiku for You
6 more weeks
oh blessed Kingston
we aren't done

Sister Hall

Y.O.S.O



Epic Fail!

Taking a nap on my Viking

No comments:

Post a Comment