Tuesday 10 December 2013

Throw Downs

Throw Downs

Alrighty lets get this email on a role! 

First I would like to let all my little cousins who have been asking me how my mission is going that it is GREAT! I love it and I highly advise that you should all go :) The weather is a little cold but not too humid which is nice :) Not nearly as much snow as you have over in Calgary! 

Now for some SHOOOOUUUUT OUTS
Wendy, thank you for the candy you have sent me! I have been sharing with all the other missionaries and they are grateful :)
Thank you Sandra for the awesome toilet paper! I I just about died when I saw it 
Lochlan thank you for the toffees! They were SOOO good! 
Thank you to Lucy for the erasers :D
And Naomi I LOVE the bracelet and the little rubber doll you made me! You are SO creative 
Victoria you are amazing at writing poems! I can tell that you are growing up a lot while I've been gone!
Also thank you to Dani, the Jacksons, Cartch, Graeme, Sis. Spackman, The Hughes, Rena, Sister Beattie, Uncle Darcy AND Grandma and Grandpa for the kind wishes you sent me :) it means a lot! 

Man that was a mouthful! 

This week has been absolutely amazing on many different fronts! 

First of all Dieter got baptized!!!!! He had requested that we play "Eye of the Tiger" as he got into the font, buuuuttt we were able to talk him out of it ;) Regardless it was a very special opportunity for us to be able to witness the next apostle being baptized by one of our recent converts who has only held the priesthood for 6 days... needless to say my cheeks were sore from smiling so much! Jake did a wonderful job of baptizing Dieter as well! He didnt need any help remembering what he needed to say AND he only had to put him under the water twice ;) Jake sure is getting in a lot of practice for his mission
Dieters confirmation was also a very spiritual experience... oh man the words of council Heavenly Father gave him were exactly what Dieter needed to hear :) He talked about how he had felt the spirit strongly in his life and that he would be blessed with the ability to share his beliefs and his tender feelings with those he talks to. I just know that Heavenly Father has BIG plans for Dieter! 



More good news is that Jess also was able to get baptized this week! This was a very big step for her and we are SO proud of her! She has gone through a lot of trials in her life but I know that as she turns to Christ she will find the peace that she is searching for :) We ask that you would please include her in your prayers this week as well. She has been struggling with her health and we are praying that she will be able to come to church so that she can be confirmed! 




As for the rest of this week, it has been good and busy

I cannot describe the transformation that I have seen in Jake and Winnie since their confirmation... it is absolutely incredible and so heart warming to see :) We have had the privileged of taking Winnie teaching with us almost every day this week and I must say she is just as good as having another companion! We might as well be put in a trio :D She has this wonderful ability to bring the spirit with here wherever she goes! In one of Dieters lessons we were talking about the spirit and Winnie jumped right in and explained to Dieter how she feels the spirit. She told him that she felt the spirit in the room as we taught and helped him to identify how he felt the spirit. She shared experiences from her own journey AND testified of blessings.... I pretty much just sat back and enjoyed. 
Her and Jake now have a competition on who can find the next investigator for us. Winnie asked us for 10 pass-along cards and 3 Books of Mormon. She explained that she was going to approach someone on the street the other day but she realized she didnt have a card.... I just about died! Like who are these people! This is just something I never thought I would witness but thank Heavenly Father each and ever day for the blessing it is to see Jake and Winnie and Dieter be changed by this gospel and desire to share it with others. Jake and Winnie are currently both experiencing the pure happiness that comes from sharing the gospel with others and sharing their experiences. In one of Dieters lessons Winnie warned him that once he got confirmed he would have this overwhelming desire to tell everyone about the church because that was what was happening to her :D




Thanks Winnie for the picture!!! "It's lauren when she's about to do a lesson but got a call, she answered it and started spinning around in her chair and playing with the window latch." This is so Sister Hall! Miss this girl!

We had our Christmas Zone Conference this past week as well and it was incredible! The spirit was extremely strong! Often times in preparation for our conferences President Scott asks all the missionaries to study something and then be prepared to bare their testimony on it. This time he asked us to study the birth of the Saviour. We were all sitting in the chapel and Pres. Scott gets up to invite the missionaries he has selected to share their testimonies. I sit back and get comfortable and then I hear my name... 
There is a tradition in the mission that every Christmas conference we get to play Preach My Gospel jeopardy a.k.a it is the only time of the year where the elders are aloud to act like 20 year old boys ahaha! It was absolutely terrifying, I have never seen such an intense game of jeopardy! The Elders were all yelling and chanting and thumping their chests. It is the first time one my mission that I didnt feel the spirit! But it was super fun! As a Kingston Zone we all got burger king crowns and walked in fashionably late. The president had a good laugh over it and everyone else booed us.

I hope everyone's week has been full of Christmas cheer! I really am grateful for all the emails and letters and packages people have been sending it really does go a long way! 


Line of the Week: So we took Winnie to an appointment. It was the first time we had met this guy and his place was rather smoky. We were just wrapping up the lesson when Winnie throws in the Word of Wisdom AND the Law of Chastity haha
Winnie after we leave the appointment: "I just wanted to throw down on the Word of Wisdom!"

Scripture of the weekAlma 37: 44-45
"For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.
An now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promise land shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise."

A Haiku for You
Till we meet 
crowned with His glory
home at last 


Sister Hall
Look Jill I'm Flossing! #weeklyplanning #kingstoncrowns



Y.O.S.O



No comments:

Post a Comment