Tuesday 3 December 2013

My Toes Might Be Frozen But The Spirit Sure Warms The Heart :)

My Toes Might Be Frozen But The Spirit Sure Warms The Heart :)


This one is going to be a shorter one folks cause there is just so much to do in the Christmas season, even for missionaries!!

FLASH back to OAKVILLE!
1. My daughter is my pride and joy and is an incredible missionary! Yet another of our investigators has gotten baptized! Her name is Jane and she is the one who is from the Philippines. We had been teaching her and her family and she was the one who was really quite but oh so sweet!

But first off just a few shout outs!
My mom did a little project for me for Christmas and went around asking all my friends and family to send write me little notes. Each day in December I get to read a new note. I wanted to thank Sister Fisher, Court, my gangsters ;), Jill, Jasmine, Alex, Nathan! Your kind words and support have put the biggest smile on my face and have made each day that much better! (how has she read that many already??? -J)

All the Christmas letters :D while taking this photo I was doing follow up calls with Elder Strobel... ah good times ;)
So I just have to say how much I LOVE the Christmas season! Thanks to a very caring mother and father our apatmentship has been jamming out to the Josh Groban Christmas CD which has made for some pretty good times. Contacting people on the streets has also been a lot of fun because the Christmas spirit seems to make people want to stop and talk with people and just be kind :)

We actually went carolling with all the YSA for Family Home Evening. It was pretty cute. While the YSA were singing Sister Laing and I would pass out cards to people on the street. Winnie became quite interested in what we were doing so I got her to help me contact a few people. It was SO sweet! By the end of the night Winnie was running after people on the street and I'd have to try and keep up with her ;)

Jake and Winnie are in the missionary spirit and have been asking us for Books of Mormon to give out to people in their gifts they give out for the holidays,.... who are these people!?? Once again it has been such a privilege to see their growth in the gospel! They are already excited to come out teaching with us and have been fellowshipping our less actives on their own! Saying that I love them both just doesn't seem to cut it.

Jake and Winnie had their confirmations this week. Confirmations are probably my favorite part of missionary work because I get to hear our Father in Heaven speak words of comfort and guidance to people who I care very much about. Winnie was just absolutely BEAMING after her confirmation. I later asked her how she felt and she said her heart was pounding, she got all hot and her head started hurting or something like that (she clarified that it was a good hurting though haha). She had the biggest smile on her face and couldn't stop bouncing in her seat. Later that day Sister Laing and I got to witness Jake get the priesthood and Oh man was that ever cool! Later that night Jake had us over for dinner and we asked him his thoughts on how the day had gone and he confided in us that when he got the priesthood he felt really good but also almost like a weight was put on his shoulders as well... like there was a greater responsibility on him... It is seriously freaky how in tune Jake is with the spirit!

Dieter is all ready and set to go for his baptism this Saturday! Ah I just adore him! He is one of the most incredible people I have ever met and will bring so many people to Christ! I know that Heavenly Father has big plans for him :)

Lines of the Week:
Talking to Winnie about enduring to the end
Winnie: "At this point I can kill temptation with my hands!"

In sunday school class
Jake: "Hey what time is it?"
Sister Laing shows him her watch
Jake: "We are late!!! I want to get my priesthood!"

Scripture of the Week3 Nephi 6: 14
"And thus there became a great inequality in all the land, insomuch that the church began to e broken up; yea, insomuch that in the thirtieth year, the church was broken up in all the land save it were among a few of the Lamanites who were converted unto the true faith; and they would not depart from it, for they were firm, and steadfast, and immovable, willing with all diligence to keep the commandments of the Lord."

It finally snowed! For exercise in the morning we went out and had a snowball fight :)

Sister Waal and I dressed up in our Christmas outfits for the first snowfall!

The District :D This is right before we had a big old snowball fight

So I've never thought about what I could give the Saviour as a Christmas gift and I think that something the Saviour would very much appreciate is if we all were to share His message about His restored gospel to the people we love this season, SO that is my invitation to everyone. To give the Saviour a gift this Christmas season!

I love you all and hope you are staying warm!

YOSO <3

Sister Hall

PS Sister Fisher you have to email me! I need to talk with you! LOVE YA TO BITS!



No comments:

Post a Comment