Tuesday 13 May 2014

It Was Mom

It Was Mom

Holy Humidity Batman! Man sometimes it feels like I'm serving in a totally different country! Besides the humidity we have had a good week! Lots to tell and so little time so I will get right into it! 

So we have been working with a lot of new people this week that we have found from just talking with everyone and from our member Christopher Wilde. We met Misty in her complex as she was walking her kids home and we asked if we could come over to share with her and her family a message about Jesus Christ and she said sure! She is a single mom of 2 kids, has a positive outlook on life, is Native and her grandmother is Christian. Since she doesnt really come from a Christian background, everything we are talking about with her is really new. We taught her the restoration first which was cool. She had a lot of good questions, but the plan of salvation is where it is at! So before we taught her the plan of salvation we asked her about her beliefs on the creation. THEN we likened her beliefs to the plan of salvation! IT WAS SO COOL! I felt like I was Ammon or something. Teaching her about the importance of Christ was very spiritual as well. She asked such good questions about why we needed him and stuff like that. We have high hopes for her :) 

So you know how in the scriptures it says, "Open your mouths and they will be filled"? Well I totally had one of those moments this week. So we weren't able to get a hold of Scott all week so early on saturday morning we went over to his house and ambushed him haha. We asked him what had been happening and he started talking about how he knew that there were things that he needs to give up but that he didnt feel like he was ready to give those things up. He still likes smoking and going out to the clubs with his friends and all those things like that. 
-> Sister Hall's thought process while he tells us all this…."Are you kidding me? You are 27 years old with a 3 year old! Grow up!" 
He rambled on for a few more minutes about all the excuses as to why he shouldnt meet with us and then I opened my mouth and spoke the words God needed him to hear. What I said wasn't profound by any means, but they were exactly what he needed to hear. As I started to speak, the words just seemed to flow out and I didnt even have to think about what to say. I told him something to the effect that following Christ was not meant to be easy. That giving up those things are hard right now because he hasnt been able to feel Christs love for years and so he doesnt realize what he is missing, but that as he draws closer to Christ and feels His love, he will begin to desire to give those things up and it wont be as hard. But that in order to get to that point he needs to start to make those little changes by coming to church, reading, praying and meeting with us. 

We have also started working with a less active family named the Ellis's. I like them a lot and I get along with Brother Ellis pretty well. He served his mission in Utah so he knew exactly why we were coming over. He was trying to steer the conversation away from the invitation he knew was coming, but Sister Shurtliff extended the invite to take his family to church. He said maybe... and then tried to change the subject again. I steered it back and told him that we didnt want him to come to church and then I paused. I had caught his attention at this point and then I continued. I said we didnt want him to come to the church because we invited him to because we both knew that that wouldnt last long. We wanted him to come to church because He wants to do it for his family. I then bore my testimony about how going to church as a little girl really helped me in my teenage years to stay on the straight and narrow especially when I started to stray away from that path. That really intrigued him. I have good feelings about him but only time can tell. They invited us back though for dinner on tuesday! FREE PIZZA! YUS! 

Anyways im outta time! Love you all and Happy Mothers Day once again! 

Haiku For YOU
Gods helper
calling all mothers
divine role 

Sister Hall



The west sister :)

We made Mothers Day lunch together :)




No comments:

Post a Comment