Tuesday 20 May 2014

Raining Blessings

Raining Blessings


CAN YOU SAY MIRACLE SUNDAY???? CAUSE THIS MISSIONARY CAN! Haha if you can't tell, we had a very good Sunday this week :) The Lord has been looking after us over hear in London 2nd E! 
Before I get into that though its time for....... 

SHOUT OUTS! (I've come to realize that I have a loud voice since I've been on my mission haha so it's funny that these are called shout outs... just thought I would share that with everyone) 
Thank you Brother Stewart for the letter about how our church is different. I really enjoyed reading it and will share it with the other missionaries :) 

Back to Sunday :) The tender mercies just kept on rolling allllll day. There are 4 specific ones that I'd like to share with you all:

1. SCOTT CAME TO CHURCH! Praise the Lord it's a Christmas Day miracle in May! After 4 weeks of trying and failing, Scott finally stepped through the church doors. We phoned him in the morning to make sure that he was up and everything and when he answered the phone he didn't even seem tired! Not only this but saturday night his dads truck caught on fire.... Scott looked at us during sacrament and shared the thought that it was Satans way of trying to make him not come to church. After sacrament meeting he had a big smile on his face and told us that it felt really good to keep his promise to God. 

2. So we have been working with the Ellis family who are less active. Brother Ellis has a very dry and sarcastic sense of humour and the 2 of us together are a deadly combination. Hahaha! We get along really well and it can be hard not to just feel like we are talking to friends so we will have to be careful of that. Anyways we were trying to think of a way to get the Ellis family out to church when I got another brilliant idea. Sister Shurtliff was going to be giving a talk in sacrament meeting and we figured that's as good an excuse as any to come out to church. This is what our conversation went like: 
Me: Brother Ellis! Sister Shurtliff is giving a talk in church and I will have no one to sit with! You should bring your family so I wont be lonely! 
Nate: Sounds like a trick! 
Me: I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about... but if you come we can make faces at her and it will be great
Nate: I dont even know your name. Do you expect me to sit with a stranger? Sister is much too generic and doesnt identify you well
Me: Maybe if you come to church and sit next to this stranger you might find out her name...
Nate: Too vague.
Me: Well you will have to show up to see  
Nate: Oh for sure. Then we can go out after church and get tattoos
Me: Only if they say, "I love the missionaries!" 
Nate: That could do
Me: Well I will have a seat saved for you :) we hope to see you there
(he is the master at avoiding commitments and anything we want to talk about)

So sunday rolls around and I am completely preoccupied with Scott when I notice Sister Shurtliff making weird eyes at me and pointing. I thought she was crazy so I just ignored her. Once sacrament meeting ended Sister Shurtliff runs past me to go see someone and I take Scott to go meet the bishop. I'm standing there doing nothing and look back to see where Sister Shurtliff went off too. That's when I see another Christmas Miracle in May..... BROTHER ELLIS! BAH! My mouth literally hung open and I may or may not have left Scott standing with the bishop to go over to see him. He actually came! It's like the first time in YEARS! He also brought his 2 cute little girls :) My heart was SO happy :) After church we discussed where we would get our tattoos and he invited us to go watch the fireworks but we declined saying that there were some souls who needed saving.

3. Chris Harris has been taught on and off by missionaries for the past while and has had lots of baptismal dates. We decided to put him on the back burner for now cause things weren't going anywhere. Well Chris just happened to show up to church too! At the end of church Brother Alicen came up to us to let us know that we have 2 appointments with Chris this week and that he has a baptismal date for June 15th. Wait what! We stand there a little confused and dumb founded and our member just walks off haha. Sweet! 

4. Last transfer Sister Tebbs and I contacted a guy named Brandon on the street and talked to him briefly about church, gave him a card and told him to give the YSA Elders a call. Well yesterday HE GOT BAPTIZED! BAH! AND on top of that Sister Shurtliff and I contacted another YSA named Shawn on the same street last week on mothers day. We got his information and passed it over to the Elders and HE also was at church this sunday! It was so cool to see him there and the Elders tell us that he is so prepared! He has a date for baptism on the 8th of June :) 

It's been a great week :) lots and lots to be thankful for! We also got to see Amanda and taught her and her boyfriend! We found a few solid potential investigators and got to do lots of yard work! 

Time is running short though so I'm heading out! God is good and miracles come as we are exactly obedient! Keep smiling, it increases your face value

Line of the Week: We are over teaching Misty 
Misty's daughter: "This is the longest staff meeting ever!" 

Scripture of the Week: Helaman 3:35
"And never the less they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God."

A Haiku for you
looked after
protective Father
from on high 

Y.O.S.O 

Sister Hall


My shoe tan!

Christopher in cake form


No comments:

Post a Comment