Monday 21 April 2014

Because of Him

Because of Him

Shout Outs

Victoria I want to hear about RUGBY
Happy Birthday to Naomi, Olivia, Genevieve AND Heather!! 

So I want to apologize for the short emails. Things have been getting busy and we only have 90 min on the computers = not enough time

Transfer time again and Sister Tebbs is leaving me :( She is going out by Kingston and I get a new companion. I think her name is Sister Shurtlif or something like that. Im super sad to be leaving Sister Tebbs!

As for this week things have been going really well! We taught Amanda about the law of chastity. It was kinda nerve racking cause we knew that we would have to invite her to get married before she could get baptized. Things were going pretty good. She understood the importance of the law of chastity and everything but I could tell it didn't click with her that being common law doesnt mean you are married soooooo I looked her in the eye and said she would have to get married before she could get baptized.... awkward silence hahaha! Maybe not the smoothest way to let someone know, but it got the job done. We talked it out with her a little more and narrowed down her major concern to the fact that they dont have a lot of money for a wedding. I have faith that things will work out though :) We invited her to pray about the law of chastity and told her that God will answer her prayers. 

We meet another single mom on the streets. Her name is Danielle and she has a 4 year old son named Dominic. She is SO sweet! We taught her the restoration and talked about how having God in our lives and having a living prophet has blessed our families, especially when it came to us being raised with good morals. I told her about how having a relationship with God while I grew up helped me to make good choices and not fall into the pressures that come from high school.The spirit was strong and she is super interested and has committed to work towards May 4th as her baptismal date! SO EXCITING! When we asked her why she wants to meet with us she talked about how she wants her kids to have a better life than she did and thinks that God can help with that. We promised her that He will help her out and more cause she is His daughter and He loves her. It was a powerful moment :) 

Man I just have to say that we are being blessed with amazing people to teach! After dropping like 20 investigators, God has come through with prepared people who desire to learn about his son. Missions are amazing :) 

Also I got to teach all the relief society ladies how to line dance this week hahahaha! It was SOOOOOOOO funny and I never thought I'd be saying this on my mission but its a good thing I went to Ranchmans ;) (Oh good heavens… -J)

I'm running out of time… some things never change haha. I love you all though and hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Oh and check out this video!  It is absolutely incredible so share it with your friends on facebook :) 

Dad if you have a Haiku could you do the honours? im outta time again! 
A Haiku For You (By Dad)
Grief and Pain
Love
Victory Over Death

Sister Hall









No comments:

Post a Comment