Tuesday 29 April 2014

The Awkward Week

The Awkward Week

Shout Out

Thank you Summer's family for the wonderful Easter letter :) You are too kind!

We weren't able to see Amanda at all this week due to her grandfathers poor health. I hate it when we don't see our investigators all week. The longer I am away from them the more I worry about them. Haha Im starting to feel like my mother!

Danielle wasnt able to come to church this week because of she couldn't find a car seat which is a bummer. We also didnt get to teach her this week cause she got pretty busy but we are seeing her tonight and we are teaching her the W.O.W which will be fun! We found out that she has a male roommate though which means she will have to move out before she can get baptized... Never before in my mission have I had so many investigators with "big" commandment issues. 



Me and my new companion :)

I find the new week to a transfer to be an awkward one. You and your companion are figuring out how each of you teach, you have started to clear out your pool of people who arent progressing so you suddenly have a lot of free time, etc... This week has been no different, but Sister Shurtliff and I have continued to see Heavenly Father bless this area despite all the ups and downs! One day this week was a particularly long day. It was windy and raining. Everyone seemed like they were in a bad mood and no one wanted to talk with us. On top of that we had no appointments AND I lacked the motivation to talk with everyone. I was sitting on the bus when I started to feel really guilty for not talking with everyone so I put my wants aside and went to work. By the end of the day we hadn't seen much success and it was nice to be able to go to bed. The next day however we got a phone call from someone I had talked to on the bus! I remember him as well. He as a man from Nigeria and he was the last person I talked to before we got off the bus to head home. He said he was interested in checking out a service and wanted more information. What a tender mercy :)! We had to hand him over to the other missionaries that covered his area so I'm not sure if he actually got out to church but I sure hope he did.

Another tender mercy Heavenly Father gave us this week was when we met Scott. So sister Shurtliff and I were walking around in a neighbourhood when we saw a lady get out of her car. We went over to go and talk with her and she invited us in. She told us that she already went to a church but that her son Scott could use Jesus, so she went and got her son and told him to listen to us haha. Scott is 27 years old and is a single father with a 3 year old named Thunder who has gotten quite attached to us. Scott used to be strong in his church, but in high school drifted away and made some bad choices. He really wants to get involved with church again though and is excited to come out. We taught him the restoration and he said he would prepare for baptism on the 25th of May. Exciting!

Anyways thats all for this week! Love you all! Enjoy the snow in Calgary haahaha!

A Haiku For You
becoming 
lifes whole purpose 
more like him

Scripture of the Week: John 15:18
"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."

Line of the Week: At the end of a long day Im lying in bed talking to Sister Shurtliff as she puts stuff away
Me: "I'm just closing my eyes, but im still listening to you."
Shurtliff: "Ya no worries! So what does your family do for fun?"
Me: "well... they really like to play cards and...."
->next thing I know I open my eyes and the room is dark and Sister Shurtliff is on her knees praying… 


Y.O.S.O


Teaching on someones sketchy door way haha. His name was Richard and he kept telling us that Joseph Smith was an alien..


No comments:

Post a Comment