Tuesday 8 April 2014

But I Get Up Again

But I Get Up Again (titled by dad since Sister Hall didn't write one...he also did the scripture and Haiku:) )


So we got to celebrate Christmas this week for missionaries- a.k.a General Conference. It's funny how excited we all get for general conference now.... I remember as a kid dreading conference week cause it meant 10 hours of church! Now I count down the days! There were a ton of good talks given. Here are some things that stuck out to me:
  • Prayer is meant to change US, not God
  • Be grateful IN our circumstances and not FOR things
  • Elder Scott's talk was wonderful! Full good advice for bringing people into the gospel. I'm pretty sure he is the one who talked about how we need to love them and by loving them they will feel God's love.... that doesn't really do it justice...
  • I also loved Elder Ballards talk on the importance of Follow Up! He invited all of us to invite our friends and family to take the discussions from the missionaries at least 4x a year AND invited the family members of missionaries to read preach my gospel. When I sustained Elder Ballard this week as a prophet, seer and revelator I promised to support him in his calling and now have the responsibility to heed his council. Isn't that GREAT!? :D
There were lots of other great stuff in conference as well, but time is of the essence and is not on myside right now so I will move on :)

For two days we helped one of our investigators Pam scratch the paint off her trailer. Only problem was she didn't have any scrapers so we were left with a butter knife and a BBQ thing hahaha! It took wayyyy long and was a little tedious but a nice change up from the regular missionary stuff. The weather was nice out too so Sister Tebbs and I decided to work on our tans ;)

I also got to meet this awesome lady named Christina! Maddy actually is friends with her and told me to stop by and visit her in an email a couple weeks ago. This week we finally were able to meet up and got to visit with Christina in her home. She made us some tea and bought us some delicious red velvet cake (courtesy of Maddy). We were able to talk with her a little more about the church and explain what the Book of Mormon is and how we have a prophet on the earth today. It was super cool visiting with her and hope that we will get to run into her again!
OH! She also gave me a letter from Maddy and Tyler telling me they are PREGNANT!!! WHAT THE WHAT!!!! haha I legit freaked right out and died laughing at the picture! I like our little nose picker already ;)

Christina!!!


This week I had a life changing moment on the bus! (So im slightly over exaggerating but the experience was really cool)! So bus contacting can kinda suck at times. Usually it sucks when you have contacted everyone on the bus so you sit down and enjoy the ride and then next thing you know the bus picks up a ton of people and you have to go contact them. You have to get up out of your seat and "casually" walk over to them. Meanwhile they see you zeroing in on them and they start to panic. Anyways I had one of these situations. I had been sitting down when I saw this young mom get on with her daughter. At first I didnt think too much of it, but then I noticed this small quiet prompting advising me to go and talk to her. (I've been trying to pay more attention to these quite promptings) I battle with myself for a few minuets, bite the bullet and talk with her. Her name is Amanda and I ask her if she has ever taken her daughter to church. She says she hasnt been able to find one yet. I give her a low down on families and God and ask if we can share more with her. She says yes! We see her on tuesday! Huzza for listening to promptings and awkward bus contacts!!!

We have to get 15 member presents this week and we normally get 8.... we texted Chris our YSA buddy and told him we are stealing him all week haha (Tyson says a "member present" is when you have a member at a lesson- he says 15 is a VERY high number!!)

Running super short on time sorry love you all!!!!  

Scripture of the Week: D&C 1:1-2
"Hearken, O ye people of my church, saith the voice of him who dwells on high, and whose eyes are upon all men; yea, verily I say: Hearken ye people from afar; and ye that are upon the islands of the sea, listen together.

For verily the voice of the Lord is unto all men, and there is none to escape; and there is no eye that shall not see, neither ear that shall not hear, neither heart that shall not be penetrated."

A Haiku For You
Prophets, Seers and Revelators
Conference
Christmas in April

Sister Hall


Me and chris at conference. Chris tried to pon off a big peice of cake to me and the ended up with that gaint thing hahaha! karma!




No comments:

Post a Comment