Monday 14 April 2014

Goodbye Tights!

Goodbye Tights!


Shout Outs!
LAUREN GLENN YOU MUST EMAIL ME ASAP. IF YOU DONT THERE WILL BE ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES! (lauren.hall@myldsmail.net)


No tights weather!


So I'm sure you all are dying to find out if we met our goal of 15 member presents annnnndddd.... we didn't haha... BUT we did get pretty close with 11 so we are happy :) As for the zone we had a goal of getting 100 member presents this week, we totally made it! It was honestly a miracle and we could not have done it without God considering last week I think we got 64.

We have decided that Wayne has no need to be baptized due to his disability. In Gods eyes he is prefect and therefore has no need to be washed clean of any sins at this point cause he isnt capable of that.

We got to meet with Amanda this week and she is absolutely amazing! We talked with her about why she wants to meet with us and she expressed the desire to raise her kids with good morals. She talked about how on her side of the family there are a lot of addictions, etc... That's when I felt prompted to share the story of my dear mother :) I told her about how my mom was raised in an environment that wasn't the best and that she desired more for her family. She found the church when she was young and chose to get baptized. I expressed to her for how grateful I am for my moms choice. I was raised in a family that is centered on Jesus Christ with strong morals and standards that helped me to make good choices while growing up. If it wasn't for Christ and his teachings I'm not sure where I would be at this point in my life, but I know I would not be as happy. The spirit was strong and I could tell the experience touched Amanda. At church Amanda was able to meet lots of different people and really enjoyed herself. She has committed to work towards May 4th to get baptized! It may take longer though cause we found out she isn't married... when we asked her why she isn't married she said that she has always wanted a big wedding but can't afford it, as well as she knows a lot of people who get married and then get divorced. She thinks marriage puts too much pressure on people. This coming Tuesday we are going to talk with her more about the law of chastity. I am a little nervous cause I have never had to invite someone to get married, but I have seen miracles and I know that the spirit is capable of changing Amanda's heart. Our next goal is to get her husband to sit in on discussions to get him more on board. Keep us in your prayers!

Time is running short again, but I made sure I would have time for a Haiku

Line of the week:
Sis. Tebbs to me: "You are FULL of emotion. I can see it in your eyebrows."

Scripture of the Week: 3 Nephi 27: 14-15
"And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil--

And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works."

A Haiku for you:
enduring
faithfully always
to the end

Love you all! You are in my prayers always :) Do good this week!

Y.O.S.O

Sister Hall




We eat shwarma ... we are in love with it

This is my new cat named Spanks (dont ask about the name haha).  We found Spanks in the ghetto near our place and he walked around with us all our doors





No comments:

Post a Comment