Tuesday 30 September 2014

Full Circle

Full Circle


Shout Outs
Thank you Sister Layton for the letter and picture! I absolutely loved it! I'll be in Cardston for thanksgiving so maybe we can visit your family! 
Thanks Nate for the letter as well! I enjoyed your comments immensely haha! I hope studying and exams go well! 
DAD!!! Thank you SOOO much for the summary of my mission! Oh my goodness that is just about the best gift I could ever receive! 

Alright everyone! Hold onto you spiritual pants cause the weeks seem to just keep getting better and better! 

First off, I will introduce another training tactic that I have come up with. It's called a "Spiritual Harvest". Essentially what it is is I pick an area to work in and then I have Sister Urie prayerfully picks a street to go to. Then we drive down the street and Sister Urie writes down all the houses that stick out to her. After that we go and tract all those houses. Well I did this with her our first week together and we didn't have a chance to finish tracting all the houses she picked. This week we get a referral from church headquarters for someone in Guelph. I look at his address and it's for Deerpath which happened to be the road that Sister Urie felt inspired to go to. Then we look at all the house numbers she wrote down and his was one of them!!!!!!!!!!! BAH! We freaked right out! Turns out he is in high school. We've been able to make brief contact with him over the phone but haven't been able to meet with him.

Another miracle that happened was during our weekly planning. We forgot the dot map in the car so we ran out quickly to get it. On the way to the car we pass by this nice lady. We smile and say hello but don't stop to talk to her. A few seconds after we pass her she turns around and asks us what church we go to. I tell her and she asks if there is one in Guelph. I say there is and tell her that we have a card in the car if she would like one. She said she would so she walks with us to the car. She tells us that she has been looking for a church to take her son to and told us about how churches now a days seem to lack community and are all about money. We gave her our card and shared our testimony with her and asked if we could come over and share a message with her. She said we could and gave us her information, turns out she lives right bellow us in our apartment building!  

Next is Sol :) Sometimes that man drives me crazy haha! He is full of parables! When he voices his concerns, they aren't actually his concerns but hidden messages with deeper meaning. I love him to death though so I put up with it ;) He came to church this week because it would be my last official Sunday. It was very sweet of him! He still hasn't prayed yet -_- I am determined that this week he will so hopefully all goes well :) 

I had THE cutest experience at church this week! It was fast and testimony meeting and Justin and Brian told me that if I got up to bear my testimony they would go up too. I shook their hands to make a deal with them but when the time came Justin was a little nervous so I bribed them with chocolate haha. We all walked up together and I moved the little stand for kids so that they could reach the mic. Justin went first. He got up and I stood beside him. He looked over at me and I whispered to him "I'd like to bear my testimony..." he took it from there and said "know God lives... Amen!" and then ran down to his seat. (SO cute!) Next was Brian. I motioned him over to the pulpit and he walked over and asked me what to do. I whispered to him "I'd like to bear my testimony, I know that Jesus Christ is my savior, Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth and I know the book of mormon is true. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." IT WAS SO CUTE!! My heart just about melted. That night we went over to teach them and Justin asked if he could knock on a few doors with us so we took him out for like 10 min :) We talked with David about setting the boys with a baptismal date and he said it was fine with him and so the boys chose to be baptized on october 19th :D AH I am so excited for them! 


Us and Justin tracting 



I'm saving the very best for last. I got to go to the temple with Sam on Saturday and she received her endowment. Oh my. It was the most sacred experience I have had thus far on my mission. It was interesting how I felt through it all. I wasnt overly excited or anxious. I felt very calm and aware of my surroundings. I was able to soak in every moment :) Throughout the whole session Sam was just beaming! She handled everything SO well and felt the spirit so incredibly strong. At the end I was waiting for her in the Celestial room. I saw her walk in the doors and we just embraced as she cried on my shoulder (they were happy tears haha!). As this happened an image entered into my head of this exact same moment happening except we would actually be in the Celestial Kingdom. It was sacred and something I will cherish for the rest of my life :) 
What an amazing blessing from Heavenly Father to be able to go to the temple with my very first convert and be with her as she receives her endowments at the very end of my mission. Oh the blessings of serving the Lord! #howgreatshallbeyourjoy



Our Temple Day!



Thats it for this week! Please dont forget to count your blessings

God Bless! 

A Haiku For You 
covenants
eternal blessings
temple day



My Daughters :) 

We were driving to the temple when we saw this sign for the Jehovah Witness compound and we HAD to pull over to get a picture! 




No comments:

Post a Comment