Tuesday 2 September 2014

Ooooh Mmy Gooosh A Baaaabby?!

Oooh Mmy Gooosh A Baaaaabby?!

A glorious week in the kingdom folks! So I got my new baby and she is just as sweet as the day is long! Oh my! Her name is Sister Urie and she is from- wait for it...... Utah! SURPRISE! She reminds me a lot of Sister Rogers in that she is super excited to be out, loves to work hard AND will do anything that I ask her to do (YUS!). She has a perma Utah smile on her face and when she talks to people over the phone she yells cause she talks so loud hahaha! I stinking love her to bits! She is full of sunshine and awkward happy moments and I love it! 


Sister Urie and I, our first day of church together! 


Let me fill you in on some awesome adventures Sister Urie had on her very first day in the field! 


  •  On her very first day I committed her to invite a stranger on the street to be baptized. She looked at me like a deer in the headlights, but nodded her head and said she'd do it. The first couple of people she talked to she wasn't quite able to sum up the courage BUT on her 3rd or 4th go she just walked right up to someone told them about Jesus Christ and asked them to be baptized! They said no but it was glorious
  • I took her out contacting and tracting and it was sooooo much fun hahahaha! Before knocking on her first door I gave her a low down of what a door approach could look like and then I knocked on the door. She stood there paralyzed with her Utah smile on her face and then someone opened the door! We stood there in silence for a good 10 seconds and then Sister Urie clued in and introduced herself and told them that we were missionaries. I just stood there smiling. After she introduced herself she didn't know what else to say so we stood there in silence for a little longer while she just stared at me (I continued to look at the person we were talking to) and then in front of the person she said: "I'm not sure what to say, can you talk now?" I just about died laughing!!!! Oh my gosh she is so cute! I finished up the door approach and told her what a great job she did :) I'm having a lot of fun just watching her contact and start to figure things out. Before I was concerned with having the "perfect" approach but over the past year I've realized what you say doesnt matter so much as how you say it. If its from the heart and its sincere the spirit will be work with it.
  • I took her to the ghetto :) She was raised in a small Utah town with 4 stakes.... needless to say she has never seen anything close to a ghetto. It's so much fun to see her reaction to situations and people! I'm pretty sure she was a little traumatized but she's still with me so that's a good sing : )

So this go around I'm doing things a little different as a trainer. Now that I have a few more transfers under my belt I see things a lot differently so I'm excited to try some new things out on Sister Urie :) I'm focusing not so much on teaching her the lessons so that she knows them really well but more so on following the spirit, the importance of following up, commitments and loving the heck out of people. I like this approach a lot better cause I know that all the knowledge and stuff will come with time but those things aren't what converts people. But rest assured that I will be using the, "Follow the spirit to the investigators home cause your trainer wont tell you," tactic AND I am thinking up some more! 

Shoot I'm running out of time! Remind me to tell you all about Kassidy and Ronda next week! They are two new investigators and they are awesome! 

Quote of the Week
A text from one of our special needs members:
Captain: "Do you ladies have any reports from Lord Vader" 

Sister Hall


Sister Tebbs and I on transfers :) 

My family tree! My two daughters (Sister Rogers and Urie) and my granddaughter (Sister Rogers was training as well!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment