Tuesday 14 January 2014

Goodbyes and Hello's

Goodbyes and Hello's


So this week has been everything but normal!

Something that most of you don't know is that for the past month or so Sister Laing has been going through a really rough time. I am eternally grateful that Heavenly Father saw fit for me to be there with Sister Laing through it all. I love her so much! She has helped me immensely to grow in my confidence and my ability to be a powerful missionary. She has taught me how to rely on the Lord in all things and that He truly does hear and answer our prayers. After prayerful consideration Sister Laing received her answer that the mission she was called to serve was finished and that it was time to go home. After some long and heart felt conversations with the Mission President he gave her an honourable release and so on Thursday the apartmentship drove Sister Laing to Brampton and said our goodbyes. It was sad and I will miss her a ton but I know that this was right for her :) (Thank you Sister Laing for letting us include this WHOLE paragraph about how awesome you are in the blog this week:) Welcome home!! -J)


Our last road trip!


So with my companion gone what does this mean for me and the YSA? Well for the next 2 weeks I will be in a trio with Sister Waal and Lamb and we will be covering both areas!! It sure is different and takes a little getting used to, however, I am learning of ton from teaching with these 2 and am excited to soak in all I can!
As for my area, things have been pretty dead this week. I am thinking of dropping all our investigators by the end of the week if things don't change. I also haven't heard from Francis for a week which is stressing me out to the max! On the other hand Jess was confirmed this week!! YAYAYAYAYA! AND Jake got a new calling...... he is the second councillor in the sunday school presidency! SAY WHAT?!?! He is going to be amazing! :)

I had a cool experience with a less active we have been working with since October :) His name is Will and he is pretty awesome. We have been working with him trying to help him over come his doubts and to live the commandments. He has been making a lot of progress too! Anyways over the break I felt prompted to text him on New Years eve to see when we could meet with him next. Then I felt like I should send him a quick reminder about how awesome the word of wisdom is. We got to see Will for the first time since that text yesterday and he told me that just as I texted him someone handed him a beer and he was about to take a sip but instead he poured it out!

Thing I love about missionary work #2: Acting on a prompting and realizing that a prompting was an answer to someone's prayer




A little food for thought from my studies: Do you know why Satan was kicked out of heaven? Rebellion. He thought He knew better than God. When we pick and chose what commandments we will follow or chose to partially follow his commandments, we too are rebelling against God.

Scripture of the Week: 2 Chronicles 20:15
"... Be not afraid nor dismayed... for the battle is not yours, but God's"

A haiku For you
Sister Laing
Stronger than you think
bigger plans

Sister Hall

I got to see sister Ormond when we dropped off sister Laing.. prediction is that she will be the next sister training leader!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment