Tuesday 7 January 2014

Sandwiches And Missionary Work


Sandwiches And Missionary Work

Shout Outs!
Soooooo happy belated birthday Jill!!! :D I hope the cruise was awesome and you had better have listened to the CD I gave you! Also Happy Birthday Uncle Darcy!!! Hope everything went well with the big wedding!

Also thank you to Winnie for the plant! I've named it Winnie and I will cherish it for the rest of my mission/life ;)!

Alright I don't have a lot of time today! Preparation day has been pretty crazy!

This week has been rather slow and strange. I only really have time to share one cool experience with you so I have chosen to talk with you all about Megan!
So Sister Laing and I are out tracting on Sunday night. This whole week we have had appointments fall through and on top of that Sister Laing hasn't been feeling the greatest so needless to say we were really looking for a miracle. We had been walking around not finding many people to talk to when I felt prompted that we should finish tracting some town houses that we had been meaning to get to for the last few weeks. The first door we knock on the sweetest girl named Megan opens up. We start talking with her and find out that she is Catholic and going to Queens and her new years goal is to think more positively. We chat a little more and I can just feel the spirit yelling at me that we need to get in that door (sweet, no pressure or anything!). We start talking with her about how we share a message about how we find greater peace in this life through a relationship with Christ and asked if we could share more with her. She was a little hesitant and I was scared we were going to lose her so I asked her what she took at Queens.... way random and I have no idea why I asked her but it turned out she was in the same program as Scott and she actually new him. YES! Then I commented on how sweet she was and how we would love to talk more with her aaaaaand she invited us right in! (Selling Girl Scout cookies sure pays off ;))
We sat down and talked a little more, we were struggling to find a way to begin talking about the gospel, but then about 5 min into the conversation she confided in us that she has a few struggles in her life (I'm being vague on purpose). Man the spirit filled the room SO strong! We knew why Heavenly Father led us here and I felt so over come with joy :) We shared the plan of salvation with her and she told us to text her in the week so we could set up a time to see her again. She thanked us several times for coming over and commented on how she loved how happy we were. I feel strongly that she is special. I feel that Heavenly Father has been preparing her for us and I am excited to see what happens!  

Also Dad I am WAY proud of you and mom! You should talk to the bishop about supporting Family Missionary Plans. One of the apostles talked about it the work of salvation broadcast. It would be a great finding opportunity for the missionaries in the area and a great way to get ward members more involved in the work! Look up the talk "the missionary next door" or something to get ideas :)


Line(s) of the week:

1. While looking up ways to share the gospel on LDS.org I came across this little gem
"Make an awesome sandwich and then share it."
I just about died laughing and that is my challenge to all of you! Go out and share an awesome sandwich with someone and figure out a way to fit something about the gospel into it. Please share with me your experiences! It will put the biggest smile on my face!  

2. In my email from Vanessa
Vanessa: "Miss the HECK out of you (Id say the other word but this is a holy email)"
man do I ever miss this girl!

Scripture of the Week: Alma 11:40
"And he shall come into the world to redeem his people; and he shall take upon him the transgressions of those who believe on his name; and these are they that shall have eternal life, and salvation cometh to none else."

A Haiku For You
every monday
all you can eat sushi
Hall's mango chicken

Sister Hall

Y.O.S.O  


Out for lunch at Montana's and we drew the Plan of Salvation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment