Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Work Of Salvation, It's Not Just A Catch Phrase

The Work Of Salvation, It's Not Just A Catch Phrase


Transfer News! I am staying in Kingston YSA for another 6 weeks!!! Sister Waal is being banished to Sudbury (its farther north and in the whole zone there is only one set of sisters) and Sister Lamb is staying here. I will be getting Sister Taylor as a new companion! I am super excited about this! Sister Taylor and I came out together AND I knew her back in Lethbridge! She is a power house and is exactly what this area needs :)

So because it's transfer day I'll have to keep this short cause Sister Waal still has to pack half of Norway haha

This is my highlight of the week :)

So back in November or December Sister Laing and I were walking home from an appointment talking to people on the street. We passed by our laundromat and saw a women standing there with a smoke. We stopped to ask her what the most important thing was to her. She explained to us that it was her family. We talked a little about that, got her number and gave her a card. Later that day we gave the elders her number to contact her and that was that. Yesterday I was able to speak at that womens baptism :) How amazing is that?! It is such a testimony builder to me that God is aware of ALL his children. It is no coincidence that Sister Laing and I just happened to be walking past her laundry mat when she happened to be out taking a smoke. I love that Heavenly Father can trust us to help Him in His work! It also makes me realize how important it is to talk with EVERYONE! You never know who is ready to accept the gospel :)

This is some food for thought

"I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ. He is my master, and He has chosen me to represent Him, to stand in His place, to say and do what He himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts. My words are His words, and my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done, to say what He wants said, to be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvellous latter-day work. How great is my calling."

Every time I read it I get chills. When we were baptized we took upon ourselves Christ's name and in doing so promised to do just this. This does not just apply to missionaries with badges on, but to all members who have this precious truth! How great is our calling as members of Christ's church?!

"Hastening the Work of Salvation" Is More Than A Catchphrase (A link Sister Hall asked me to share)


Our District!!



laundry...


I'm sorry to be cutting this short but Norway is calling! I love and appreciate each and every single one of you!

Y.O.S.O

No comments:

Post a Comment