Tuesday 21 January 2014

Weapons of Rebellion

Weapons of Rebellion


Before I begin I must get a few Shout Outs out (haha)
Grandma Kathy thank you so much for the gift card and the chocolates! They were SO good... so good that there aren't any left and I got them on Friday..... oops!
Thank you to mom for the package! I LOVE the skirts AND they all fit, its a miracle!
Thank you to Sister Bennett for the lovely card/letter I really enjoyed the haiku :)
and thank you to grandma and grandpa for the socks and the paper on how the church is doing! It was very interesting :)
I also want to thank everyone who has been writing me and sending me encouraging notes! They are a joy to read!


Now to the meat and potato's!

This week has been pretty busy trying to work both areas, but busy is what we like! We spend most of our time in the West area because they have more investigators than us. The YSA work is kinda suffering right now.... we kinda have 1 investigator haha but that's alright cause in just a short week we will have transfers and I'll get another companion and we can get to work at building up our pool of people!  

This week we tried out a new finding idea. We handed out free hot chocolate at a big bus terminal by a mall and did a survey with people entitled "Questions Of The Soul (its a good one!)
At first I was nervous cause I've never done it before AND there were going to be tons of people around which is overwhelming. Once we got there and had everything set up we stood there for a few seconds and then I grabbed a cup, filled it up, pulled up my socks and gritted my teeth and walked over to Gale. Gale didn't want my cup of hot chocolate, but she was interested in the message we had to share as well as wanted to know how she could quit smoking in 7 days a.k.a 1 new investigator! After that we found one other investigator. All in all it was an awesome finding tool. Giving people free stuff really softens the heart!

Cleaning out the nasty pot from the church for our hot chocolate!

This week we also had our skills and interviews with President Scott. Man is he ever inspired! I love getting to sit with him one on one and just pick his brain! For our interview this time we talked a little about how the transfer was going and then got into some of my weapons of rebellion. For this whole transfer I've been making a list of little things I do that may not be disobedient but keep me from becoming the missionary God needs me to be. What Pres. Scott and I talked about was keeping my eye single to His (Christ's) glory. Its not that I'm home sick or anything cause I'm not, but I find myself throughout the day quoting movies, breaking out into random song, being sarcastic, goofing off etc... Things that aren't necessarily bad, but I feel, and President Scott helped me to realize, are keeping me from becoming fully consecrated to this work. It may only be my pinkie toe that is back at home, but I didn't come on my mission to be Lauren Hall, but to be Sister Hall and that requires me to change a little. So that is what I will be working on :)   

We've been spending a lot of time with Jess this week and since her confirmation she has been doing wonderful! She has been growing in the gospel and it's such a joy to see :)

Line of the Week: Trying to find our way from Brampton to Kingston while on the phone with our elders after giving the elders THE vaguest description of where we were....
Elder Snelson: "Ok sisters you need to go 5 km north!"
Me: "... are you kidding me elder! There are NO mountains how am I supposed to know where north is?!"
Elder Dewey: "Haha that's so true"
Elder Snelson: "Ok sisters take your next exit..... what exit did you take?"
Sister Waal: "Don valley..."
Elder Snelson: "That was my first area! I know exactly where you are! Oh man elder, they are just about to pass the McDonalds that we ate at coming home from MLC."
Elder Dewey: "That McDonalds?! Oh man they are so far away! They aren't going to make it home till 12 pm!"
Me: "What the heck! You have no idea where we are! There is no McDonalds anywhere!"
Elder Snelson: "There's no point sisters, you might as well get back on the 401 and ride it bumper to bumper back home."

side note-> we made it home by 9:28

Scripture of the week: Jacob 4:10
"Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works."

A haiku for you:
Gods army
80,000 of them
strong and true



I love this work :)

Y.O.S.O

Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment