Saturday 4 January 2014

Miracle On Concession Street

Miracle On Concession Street


Shout outs!!!! 

So my mom is crazy and spoiled me like mad this Christmas! Thank you for the wonderful Roots sweater and the mug and the scarf and all the other clothes you got me! I really love the shirt you got me from Joe! 






Jill thank you so much for the slippers, mitts, and scarf! They are SO cute and cozy! (notice I am already wearing them!)

Aunty Sue, a BIG thank you from the apartmentship for the mitts. They were a huge hit and they are SO warm! 

Thank you to the Summers for the Harmonica! I literally freaked out when I opened it and have been playing it ever day since... I'm not sure how happy everyone else in the building is with you, but I really like it :) I am trying to figure out how to play Nearer My God To Thee right now so if you can send me any helpful tips I'd love it! 




Kerry thank you for the Awesome book on how Awesome I am! hahaha! It is SO cute and I almost died laughing at the one Liz wrote :D 






This is from the ice storm that passed through. The trees are all covered in ice!  

So this week was a little slower due to the Christmas season, but that gave us a lot of time to just go out and talk with people which I really enjoyed! I think the best experience I had this Christmas season was talking to a guy named Steve on the street. It was pretty late outside and we were walking around Kingston when we ran into Steve on the street. He was outside a bar taking a smoke. We started out asking him what he thought the meaning of Christmas was but soon we found there was more to him then meets the eye. His life is kinda falling apart right now. He was a contractor for the building that burnt down on our street so he has lost his job, he has no family for the holidays and someone close to him passed away. He has lost all hope. As we talked to him about Jesus Christ and his Atonement, how we can be healed through him and have greater peace he started to tear up. I could see it in his eyes that this was exactly what he has been waiting for. I love being the answer to someones prayers :) We were able to get his contact information and said a little prayer with him before we headed off. Afterwards I kicked myself for not thinking to invite him to be baptized! It was the perfect opportunity and I know that he would have accepted! 

This is from a talk Elder Holland gave in the MTC and I really love it :) 
I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him
 .... I don’t believe missionary work has ever been easy, nor that conversion is, nor that retention is, nor that continued faithfulness is. I believe it is supposed to require some effort, something from the depths of our soul.
 If He could come forward in the night, kneel down, fall on His face, bleed from every pore, and cry, “Abba, Father (Papa), if this cup can pass, let it pass,” then little wonder that salvation is not a whimsical or easy thing for us. If you wonder if there isn’t an easier way, you should remember you are not the first one to ask that. Someone a lot greater and a lot grander asked a long time ago if there wasn’t an easier way.
 When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made a hiss and a byword, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through Him—the Way, the Truth, and the Life.”  


Sister Waal and I got matching Christmas outfits... I couldnt help but laugh thinking of all those times mom had to force Jill and I into matching outfits.

Im running out of time so I wont have time for any of my normal send offs, BUT I wanted to give a heads up to everyone that pretty soon we will be aloud to go on facebook to share the gospel with our friends back home! I am way pumped for this! It would be wonderful if you could all start thinking of people who you might want to share the gospel with and when the time comes I would love to talk with them via favebook! SAY WHAT! :D 

LOVE YOU ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Sister Hall

Y.O.S.O





No comments:

Post a Comment